Chicken Cordon Bleu is a dish composed of chicken breasts, ham, and Swiss cheese. The ham and Swiss cheese are arranged on top of the chicken breast and rolled together then dredged in bread crumbs.
Though the name sounds complicated, this is a very simple dish to make and can either be fried or baked depending on your preference.
Boneless chicken breast
4 (6 Ounces Each)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Thinly sliced ham
Swiss cheese slice
4 Teaspoon, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Combine softened butter and salt then mix well
3. Place a piece of chicken breast in a flat surface then brush the top with the butter-salt mixture and sprinkle some paprika.
4. Top the chicken breast with ham slices followed by the Swiss Cheese
5. Start rolling the chicken breast from one end to the other. Make sure that it is tightly rolled. You may use a toothpick to fasten the end of the chicken breast to keep it from rolling back.
6. After rolling all the chickn breast, combine the remaining butter-salt mixture with egg and whisk until every ingredient is evenly distributed.
7. Brush the outer part of the chicken breasts with the egg-butter-salt mixture then dredge in bread crumbs.
8. Place the chicken breasts in a greased baking dish then bake for 25 minutes. If the chicken is not fully cooked by this time, you can loosely cover it with aluminum foil and continue baking at lower temperature until the chicken is cooked.
9. Remove from the oven and slice into individual servings.
10. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!