Chicken & Shrimp in Scallop Shells
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned deviled ham||2 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can, Whole)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Pull skin from chicken breast; cut meat from bones in two large pieces, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
2. Brown in 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in a medium-size frying pan; sprinkle with monosodium glutamate; cover. Cook slowly 15 minutes, or until tender.
3. While chicken cooks, saute onion and garlic until soft in remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a second medium-size frying pan; blend in flour; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
4. Blend in deviled ham, then stir in tomatoes, mushrooms and their liquid, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils 1 minute; remove chicken from its frying pan with a slotted spoon and stir into sauce.
5. Stir shrimps into chicken drippings in frying pan; cook slowly, turning once, 10 minutes, or until tender. Stir into sauce mixture.
6. Spoon into scallop shells, a chafing dish or a keep-hot server; sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1649 Calories from Fat 702
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g122.3%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 834.7 mg278.2%
Sodium 2835.6 mg118.1%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 155 g309.9%
Vitamin A 50.3% Vitamin C 127.8%
Calcium 44.7% Iron 106%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet