Coffee Souffle Mould
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cooled|
|Creamed cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilled whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
1. Tie an aluminum foil collar around a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish . Set aside.
2. Combine the gelatin and 2/3 cup sugar in a saucepan; mix well. Stir in 1 cup of the cooled coffee. Stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Stir in remaining coffee.
3. Chill until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, force cottage cheese through a food mill or sieve into a bowl. Blend in vanilla extract, salt, and egg yolks.
5. When coffee gelatin is of desired consistency, add gradually to the cottage cheese mixture, beating until well blended. Fold in whipped cream.
6. Beat egg whites until frothy; gradually add 1/4, cup sugar, beating constantly until stiff peaks are formed. Spread egg whites over cottage cheese mixture and gently fold together until well blended.
7. Chill until mixture is very thick and piles softly when spooned out.
8. Spoon into souffle dish and gently level with back of spoon. Garnish top with grated unsweetened chocolate. Chill until firm (about 6 hours).