|Large mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, scored|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly squeezed|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Whole chicken breast||8 , halves, boned and skinned|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|White onions||4 Small, halved|
|Shallots||2 , minced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Chenin Blanc Or Chardonnay)|
|Cornstarch||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned grapes||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F°
2) In a saucepan, place together, mushrooms, dash of salt and white pepper, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon butter.
3) Put the lid on and heat to boil.
4) Reduce the heat, and simmer for 2 minutes.
5) Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
6) Season the chicken lightly with salt and white pepper.
7) In a non-stick pan, melt the remaining butter and saute chicken breasts until light brown on each side.
8) Stir in garlic, onions, shallots, and 1/4 cup wine.
9) Put the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes.
10) Place the chicken mixture into ovenproof serving casserole, cover and set aside.
11) In the same skillet, place together the remaining wine with 2 to 3 tablespoons of liquid from the mushroom confiit.
12) Heat the wine mixture to boil.
13) In a bowl, combine together cornstarch, seasoned salt, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, and chicken broth.
14) Stir the cornstarch mixture into the wine mixture.
15) Allow the wine mixture to boil.
16) Mix in heavy cream, mushroom confit, and grapes, stirring gently, until just boiled.
17) Stream the wine mixture over chicken.
18) Put the lid on and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
19) Serve the Poulet Hooray garnished with chopped parsley if desired.