How To Make Crème Brûlée - Crème Brûlée
|Egg yolk||4 Large|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean||1 (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Slice a vanilla into half. Scrape the grains from half piece and put it in a pot. Put the other half of the bean as it is. Add the cream and put it on low heat and let it warm up.
3. In a bowl, add the egg yolk and sugar. Mix them well till combined.
4. Pour a little warm cream into the egg yolk mixture and whisk it till combined. Pour the rest of the cream and mix well.
5. Take a fine strainer and strain the egg- cream mixture to remove the vanilla beans. Remove any air bubbles either with a blow torch or a ladle.
6. Fill the ramekins fully with the mixture.
7. In a baking dish, place a wet paper towel at the bottom. Place the ramekins in it carefully. Before putting in the last ramekin, pour water into the baking dish without disturbing the ramekins (make a water bath). Do not fill the dish. Add just enough for baking.
8. Place the last ramekin in the dish and bake for around 35 minutes. It is ready when the custard wobbles.
9. Transfer the ramekins carefully into a fridge and chill for around 4 hours.
10. Remove from the refrigerator, sprinkle brown sugar generously on them. Using a blow torch caramelize the brown sugar. Let it sit for a few minutes to set.
11. Serve the crème Brulee hot as dessert.
Hold the blow torch about 2 inches away from the ramekin. Flame it first for a few seconds. When it starts to bubble and turn golden brown stop and wait for a few minutes to settle. Flame it again till few brown spots are formed.