|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rhubarb puree||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chilled whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. Tie an aluminum foil collar around a 1-quart souffle dish . Set aside.
2. Combine gelatin, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt in the top of a double boiler. Beat egg yolks and water together until thoroughly blended. Stir into gelatin mixture.
3. Set over boiling water and cook about 5 minutes to cook egg yolks and dissolve gelatin, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the rhubarb puree and grenadine. Cool mixture, then chill until it is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
5. Beat egg whites until frothy; add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, a little at a time, beating constantly until stiff peaks are formed.
6. Fold whipped cream and meringue together. Fold in chilled gelatin mixture until blended. Turn into prepared dish and chill until firm.
7. When ready to serve, carefully remove foil collar.
8. Put Powdered sugar on top and serve.