Stir Fried beef Liver with Glaze sauce
|Mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced beef liver||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , cut lengthwise into strips|
|Tomato||1 , cut into wedges|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Instant beef broth envelope||1 Teaspoon|
1. Beat egg yolk into mashed potatoes; spoon into pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe potatoes in a border around edge of a 10-inch, round ovenproof platter or board.
2. Bake in hot oven (400°) 15 minutes, or until potatoes are golden-brown.
3. Meanwhile mix flour, salt and pepper on wax paper. Cut liver into serving-size pieces, if needed; coat with flour mixture.
4. Saute liver in hot oil in a large skillet 4 minutes on each side, or until brown and done as you like liver. Arrange slices, overlapping, inside border of potatoes. Keep hot at lowest oven temperature.
5. Saute onions and pepper strips in same skillet, adding more oil if needed, 10 minutes, or until soft and golden. Stir in tomato; saute' 2 minutes longer. Arrange on top of liver.
6. Add water and instant beef broth to skillet Bring to boiling, stirring and scraping to dissolve browned bits. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes. Pour over liver. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if you wish
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3147 Calories from Fat 534
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.2%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.3%
Trans Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 2056.3 mg685.4%
Sodium 4324.2 mg180.2%
Total Carbohydrates 478 g159.2%
Dietary Fiber 51.3 g205.2%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 190 g380.9%
Vitamin A 2337.9% Vitamin C 588.1%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 205.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet