Ham Mushroom Souffle
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , well beaten|
|Ground cooked ham||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained finely chopped (1 Can)|
|Cream of tartar||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1.In a small-size heat resistant non-metallic bowl melt butter on delicate food cycle 1/2 minute.
2. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce, stirring until smooth.
3. Heat uncovered, on delicate food cycle for 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles.
4 Remove mixture from oven and blend in milk slowly.
5. Heat, uncovered, on delicate food cycle for 3 minutes stirring after the first 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture thickens and bubbles, (sauce will be quite thick)
6. Beat mixture slowly into egg yolks: Stir in ham, mushrooms and chives. Allow mixture to cool.
7. Prepare a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish by forming a collar of wax paper around top of dish that extends about 3-inch above dish.
8 Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
9. Gently fold ham mixture into egg whites. Pour into souffle dish.
10. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese, then with paprika.
11. Cook on delicate food cycle for 16 to 18 minutes, turning souffle after 10 minutes of cooking. Soufflle should be fairly firm to the touch.