Fish Gratin with Fresh Red Rock Cod from the Pacific Ocean
|For mashed potatoes|
|Russet potatoes||8 (6 -8)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Wasabi cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Red rock cod fillets/Cod fillets||1 Pound, deboned and sliced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Large, chopped|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
|Spring shallots/Green onion||30 Gram, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|White pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Romaine||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsely||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. Fill a large pot with water; add in the potatoes and salt. Cook for 20 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
3. For Sauce – in a large skillet add in the oil, spring shallots, garlic and ginger root. Sauté for few minutes.
4. Add in the butter and flour. Sauté for few minutes. Pour in the milk and mix all the ingredients well.
5. Season with lemon juice, salt and white pepper. Cook for a few minutes.
6. For Mashed Potatoes – in a large pot transfer the potatoes and mash.
7. Add in the butter, milk, white pepper, wasabi cream and salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
8. In a bowl, place the fish and season with salt and white pepper.
9. Into the prepared casserole dish, place the mashed potatoes and make a well.
10. Add in the fish and pour in sauce. On top sprinkle red bell pepper.
11. Bake in 40 – 50 minutes at 450 degrees F.
12. Take out the gratin in a serving plate and top with romaine, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
13. Serve Fish Gratin with lemon wedge and parsley.