1. In a plastic bag, combine flour, thyme and salt and add chicken to it. Shake the bag to coat flour on the chicken. Remove chicken and remove excess flour, then keep aside.
2. In a large non - stick skillet over med-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add mushrooms, carrots and bacon. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in wine, chicken broth and tomato paste. Simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add chicken and cook for 9 minutes or until the chicken is done.
6. Serve this tasty Coq Au Vin with some appetizers.
Won't you like to try out coq au vin, a classic French stewed chicken dish with bacon and mushrooms. See this impressive video that is well explained and displays the recipe in an easy manner. Try out this fantastic recipe on a relaxing holiday and serve with some wine for a perfect satisfying holiday meal!
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.5 mg37.8%
Sodium 369.1 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 27 g53.3%
Vitamin A 143.9%
Vitamin C 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Cooking With Socalgrrrl05: Coq Au Vin Recipe Video, French Coq Au Vin