Crumbed Fried Chicken Rolls
|Butter/Margarine||6 Ounce (1.5 Sticks)|
|Whole chicken breasts||6|
|Finely chopped parsley||4 Tablespoon|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening/Salad oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. Cut the butter or margarine into 12 even-length sticks; chill in freezer while fixing chicken, for butter should be very cold.
2.Pull skin from the chicken breasts; halve breasts and cut meat in one piece from bones. Place each half, boned side up, between waxed paper and pound very thin with a mallet or rolling pin to form a "cutlet." (Do not pound holes in meat.)
3. Place 1 piece very cold butter or margarine, 1 teaspoon parsley and a dash of the sugar on end of each cutlet; fold sides over to seal in butter, then roll up. Hold in place with wooden picks.
4. Beat eggs slightly in a pie plate; mix bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a second pie plate. Dip stuffed rolls in egg, then in crumb mixture to coat well. Chill at least an hour. (This much can be done ahead.)
5. When ready to fry, melt enough shortening or pour in enough salad oil to make a 2-inch depth in an electric deep-fat fryer or large saucepan; heat to 350°.
6. Fry rolls, 3 or 4 at a time and turning often, 7 minutes, or until tender and crisply golden. Lift out with a slotted spoon; drain well. Keep hot until all rolls are cooked.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6351 Calories from Fat 5068
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 574 g882.7%
Saturated Fat 197 g984.9%
Trans Fat 54.2 g
Cholesterol 1387.3 mg462.4%
Sodium 3189 mg132.9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 261 g521.6%
Vitamin A 200.2% Vitamin C 153.7%
Calcium 38.7% Iron 87.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet