Rice Stuffed Chicken with Grapes & Citronella
|Chicken breasts||6 , boned|
|Hot cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Rosemary leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Basil leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon||1 1⁄4 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Mandarin orange segments||1 Can (10 oz), drained (1 Can)|
|Seedless green grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Sprinkle insides of chicken breasts lightly with salt.
2. Combine rice, 1 tablespoon of the butter or margarine, 1/4 teaspoon salt, parsley, rosemary and basil in a large bowl; toss lightly to mix; spoon into hollows in chicken breasts. Fold edges over stuffing to cover completely; fasten with wooden picks.
3. Mix flour, paprika and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a pie plate; dip chicken breasts into mixture to coat well. Brown slowly in remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a large frying pan.
4. Stir in chicken broth, water, onion, lemon juice and bay leaf; heat to boiling; cover.
5. Simmer 25 minutes, or until chicken is tender; remove bay leaf. Place chicken on a heated deep serving platter; keep warm. Reheat liquid to boiling.
6. Smooth cornstarch with a little water to a paste in a cup; stir into liquid in frying pan. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and boils 3 minutes. Stir in mandarin-orange segments and grapes; heat until bubbly. Spoon over chicken. Garnish with additional grapes and mandarin-orange segments, if you wish.