Chicken Noodle with Sauteed Mushrooms
|Whole chicken breasts||3 , split|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery tops||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Handful)|
|Noodles||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Canned chicken gravy||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Combine chicken breasts, water, onion, celery tops, salt and peppercorns in large saucepan. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
2. While chicken simmers, cook noodles in large amount boiling salted water, following label directions; drain; place in greased shallow 8-cup casserole.
3. Saute mushrooms in butter or margarine in large frying pan; arrange in clusters on top of noodles. (Keep casserole warm in heated oven while browning the chicken and heating the gravy.)
4. Drain chicken breasts (strain broth and save for soup). Brown chicken quickly in same frying pan, adding more butter or margarine, if needed; place on noodles.
5. Stir chicken gravy into frying pan; heat to boiling; pour over and around chicken.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1962 Calories from Fat 522
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.5%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 560.5 mg186.8%
Sodium 4159.7 mg173.3%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g62.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.9%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 165 g329.8%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 59.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet