Stuffed Chicken Breast In Sweet & Sour sauce
|Whole chicken breasts||8 Small, boned|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pimiento||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet sour pineapple sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place boned chicken breasts skin side down on board. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt
2. Drain pineapple and reserve the syrup for Sweet-Sour Pineapple Sauce.
3. Heat 4 tablespoons butter or margarine in skillet; add green pepper, celery, onion and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; add tarragon, bread crumbs, pimiento and drained pineapple; mix well.
4. Place about 1/4 cup stuffing mixture in center of each chicken breast; fold the sides over and fasten with skewers or string.
5. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet Add chicken breasts, four at a time, and brown lightly on all sides. Remove to shallow baking pan. Bake in 350° oven 40 to 45 minutes, until tender.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2608 Calories from Fat 848
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g147%
Saturated Fat 51.2 g256%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 991.6 mg330.5%
Sodium 3991 mg166.3%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.9%
Sugars 63.7 g
Protein 324 g648.9%
Vitamin A 71.2% Vitamin C 149.3%
Calcium 29% Iron 70.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet