Chicken Salad In Lettuce Cups
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Low fat cottage cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (From An 8 Ounce Carton)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Pared chopped cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pimiento||2 Tablespoon|
|Boston lettuce head||1 , washed, dried and separated into leaves|
|Radishes||18 , trimmed|
|Hard cooked eggs||3 , quartered|
1. Combine chicken breasts with water, onion slice, celery tops and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a large saucepan; cover. Simmer 30 minutes, or just until tender.
2. Remove chicken from broth; cool until easy to handle but still warm, then pull off skin and take meat from bones; cut into cubes. Place in a medium-size bowl.
3. Combine vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, seasoned pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl. Add to chicken and toss lightly until well mixed. Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
4. Combine cottage cheese, buttermilk and chopped onion in an electric-blender container; cover. Whirl until creamy-smooth. Spoon into a small bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
5. When ready to serve, combine chicken mixture with cucumber, pimiento and cottage cheese dressing. Toss lightly to mix.
6. Place lettuce leaves to form cups on 6 serving plates; place 2/3 cup of chicken salad in each lettuce cup. Arrange 3 radishes and 2 egg quarters attractively on each plate.