Chicken Salad in Lettuce cups
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Low fat cottage cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (From An 8 Ounce Carton)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Pared chopped cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pimiento||2 Tablespoon|
|Boston lettuce head||1 , washed, dried and separated into leaves|
|Radishes||18 , trimmed|
|Hard cooked eggs||3 , quartered|
1. Combine chicken breasts with water, onion slice, celery tops and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a large saucepan; cover. Simmer 30 minutes, or just until tender.
2. Remove chicken from broth; cool until easy to handle but still warm, then pull off skin and take meat from bones; cut into cubes. Place in a medium-size bowl.
3. Combine vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, seasoned pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl. Add to chicken and toss lightly until well mixed. Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
4. Combine cottage cheese, buttermilk and chopped onion in an electric-blender container; cover. Whirl until creamy-smooth. Spoon into a small bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
5. When ready to serve, combine chicken mixture with cucumber, pimiento and cottage cheese dressing. Toss lightly to mix.
6. Place lettuce leaves to form cups on 6 serving plates; place 2/3 cup of chicken salad in each lettuce cup. Arrange 3 radishes and 2 egg quarters attractively on each plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1667 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.9%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 1268.2 mg422.7%
Sodium 5470.1 mg227.9%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.8 g63.1%
Sugars 31.9 g
Protein 263 g526.2%
Vitamin A 217.7% Vitamin C 157.2%
Calcium 57.8% Iron 77.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet