Chicken & Ham Soup with Crunchy vegetables
|Smoked ham hocks||4|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Diced pared potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced pared carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Frozen ford hook lima beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Shredded cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen whole okra||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine chicken and ham hocks in a kettle or roasting pan; add just enough water to cover. Heat to boiling; cover. Simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until chicken is tender; remove from kettle. Continue cooking ham hocks 1 hour, or until tender; remove from kettle.
2. Let broth stand until fat rises to top, then skim off. Measure broth and return 12 cups to kettle. Stir in salt, cayenne, potatoes, carrots, onions and lima beans. Heat to boiling; simmer 15 minutes.
3. While vegetables cook, remove skin from chicken and ham hocks; take meat from bones, discarding fat; dice meat.
4. Stir cabbage, corn, celery, tomatoes, okra and Worcestershire sauce into kettle; simmer 15 minutes, or until all vegetables are crisply tender. Stir in green pepper, pars ley and diced meats; heat just to boiling.
5. Ladle into soup plates or bowls