Chicken & Rice Bake
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Precooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken gravy||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Bread stuffing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ready Mix)|
1. Combine chicken breasts with water, salt, peppercorns and celery tops in a medium-size saucepan; cover. Cook 20 minutes, or until tender. Strain broth into a 4-cup measure; pour in water, if necessary, to make 2 1/2 cups.
2. Let chicken stand until cool enough to handle, then remove skin and bones; cut meat into serving-size pieces.
3. Cook rice in 2 cups of the broth in same saucepan, following label directions. Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into chicken gravy in small saucepan; heat slowly just until bubbly.
4. Spoon rice into 8-cup baking dish; top with chicken pieces; pour gravy over. Melt butter or margarine in small saucepan; stir in bread stuffing. Sprinkle on top.
5. Bake in a hot oven (400°) 20 minutes, or until bubbly-hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1567 Calories from Fat 397
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.3%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 331.5 mg110.5%
Sodium 2427 mg101.1%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.4%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 151 g302.4%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 51.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet