Chicken, beans & Egg Salad
|Whole chicken breasts||3|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pitted ripe olives||6|
|Frozen fordhook lima beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Bottled italian salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Torn up mixed salad greens||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Hard-cooked eggs||3 , shelled and quartered|
1. Combine chicken breasts with onion, salt, pepper, bay leaf and water in a large saucepan; cover. Simmer 30 minutes, or just until tender.
2. Remove from broth, cool until easy to handle, then pull off skin. Remove meat from each half of breast in one piece; place in one layer in a shallow dish. Chill.
3.Strain broth into a 2-cup measure; chill just until fat rises to top, then skim.
4. Soften gelatin in 1 cup of the broth in a small saucepan. (Save any remaining to add to soup.) Heat gelatin mixture, stirring constantly, just until gelatin dissolves; pour into a small bowl. Blend in mayonnaise or salad dressing; chill, stirring several times, 20 minutes, or until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
5. Spoon part over chilled chicken breasts to make a thick layer, then repeat with remaining until chicken is evenly glazed. Cut each olive into 6 slivers, arrange, petal fashion, on top of each glazed chicken breast; chill until gelatin is firm.
6. Cook lima beans, following label directions; drain. Toss with 1/4 cup of the Italian dressing in a small bowl; cover. (This much can be done early in the day, or even a day ahead.) If making ahead, store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
7. When ready to serve, place salad greens in a large shallow bowl; drizzle remaining 1/4 cup Italian dressing over; toss lightly to mix. Top with tomato slices; mound lima beans in center, then arrange chicken breasts, spoke fashion, around beans; place quartered eggs around edge of bowl. Garnish with a cherry-tomato flower, if you wish. To make, cut a cherry tomato into eighths from tip almost to stem end; separate "petals" slightly; stuff with a ripe olive and top with a sprig of parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2839 Calories from Fat 1713
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 188 g288.7%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1103 mg367.7%
Sodium 5221.1 mg217.5%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.7%
Dietary Fiber 22.4 g89.6%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 179 g357.4%
Vitamin A 97.6% Vitamin C 195.6%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 66.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet