Flounder Fillets With Cheese Sauce
|Flounder fillets||2 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Thaw frozen fish fillets; pat dry.
2. Melt the 1/2 cup butter or margarine in a medium-size skillet. Saute carrot, celery, onion and parsley until tender. Toss with bread crumbs; season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper and thyme.
3. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper over fillets. Spoon stuffing evenly onto centers of fillets; fold over to enclose. Arrange in a buttered shallow 8-cup baking dish; dot with remaining tablespoon of butter or margarine. Cover baking dish tightly with a sheet of foil.
4. Bake in hot oven (400°) 12 minutes, or just until fish is opaque. Remove from oven and keep warm while preparing cheese sauce.
5. Make sauce: Drain liquid from fish into a 2-cup measure. Add milk to make 1 1/4 cups.
6. Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan; stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly; add milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add cheese, salt and pepper; stir until cheese is melted. Pour the cheese sauce over fillets in the baking dish.
7. Place dish under broiler 5 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and lightly browned.