Herbed Chicken & Potato Casserole
|Broiler fryer chicken||1|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White onions||16 Small, peeled|
|Red potatoes||12 Small (New Ones)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/1 teaspoon granulated chicken bouillon||16 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Sprinkle chicken cavities with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and pepper. Peel onions. Scrub potatoes; pare a band around the center of each.
2. Melt butter or margarine with the vegetable oil in a large heavy flameproof casserole or Dutch oven. Add chicken; brown on all sides.
3. Combine boiling water and chicken broth in a 1-cup measure, stirring until dissolved; add to casserole with chicken.
4. Place onions and potatoes around chicken; sprinkle with basil and remaining 1 tea spoon salt; cover.
5. Bake in slow oven (325°), basting once or twice with juices, 1 1/4 hours, or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5316 Calories from Fat 2777
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 310 g476.6%
Saturated Fat 94.5 g472.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1221.7 mg407.2%
Sodium 5214.9 mg217.3%
Total Carbohydrates 318 g106%
Dietary Fiber 46.4 g185.4%
Sugars 99.4 g
Protein 319 g637.7%
Vitamin A 95.9% Vitamin C 535.6%
Calcium 80% Iron 130.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet