Lima Beans with Grilled Chicken
|Drumsticks||6 (With Thighs)|
|Bacon slices||6 , halved|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mexican style corn||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Frozen fordhook lima beans||20 Ounce (Two 10 Ounce Package)|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut through chicken legs at joints to separate drumsticks and thighs; wash pieces and dry.
2. Saute bacon until crisp in a large heavy frying pan; remove and drain on paper toweling. Wrap and chill until just before serving time.
3. Brown chicken pieces in bacon drippings in same pan; remove and set aside.
4.Stir flour, salt and pepper into drippings; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Drain liquid from corn into a small bowl; stir milk into corn liquid, then stir into flour mixture in frying pan. Continue cooking and stirring until gravy thickens and boils 1 minute. Return chicken, arranging pieces in a single layer; cover. Chill, along with corn.
5. An hour before serving, heat chicken and gravy very slowly to boiling; simmer 45 minutes; pile chicken in center of pan.
6. Pour boiling water to cover over limas and celery in a medium-size bowl; let stand 3 minutes, breaking up limas as they thaw; drain. Place at one side of chicken in pan; place corn at other side; cover. Simmer 10 minutes. Arrange bacon over chicken; continue cooking 5 minutes, or until beans are tender and bacon is heated through. Just before serving, garnish with parsley, if you wish.