Liver & Bacon Casserole
|Bacon slices||6 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef liver||2 Pound, sliced|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Packaged)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Combine bacon and onion in a large skillet. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Remove with slotted spoon, reserving drippings in skillet.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper; coat liver. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
3. Fry liver in reserved bacon drippings; cut into serving-size pieces. Place in 8-cup baking dish.
4. Blend reserved flour mixture with drippings in skillet; add milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles.
5. Pour sauce over liver; sprinkle with bacon and onion mixture. Combine bread crumbs with margarine; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 25 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly