Liver & Bacon Casserole
|Bacon slices||6 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef liver||2 Pound, sliced|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Packaged)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Combine bacon and onion in a large skillet. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Remove with slotted spoon, reserving drippings in skillet.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper; coat liver. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
3. Fry liver in reserved bacon drippings; cut into serving-size pieces. Place in 8-cup baking dish.
4. Blend reserved flour mixture with drippings in skillet; add milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles.
5. Pour sauce over liver; sprinkle with bacon and onion mixture. Combine bread crumbs with margarine; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 25 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2245 Calories from Fat 732
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g125.9%
Saturated Fat 28.1 g140.5%
Trans Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 2561.7 mg853.9%
Sodium 3160.6 mg131.7%
Total Carbohydrates 153 g51.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.2%
Sugars 44.1 g
Protein 217 g434.6%
Vitamin A 3099.3% Vitamin C 58.2%
Calcium 80.1% Iron 272.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet