Lemon Glazed Roast Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken||3|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon marmalade||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Remove giblets from body cavities of chickens; save to simmer for soup. Rinse chickens inside and out; pat dry. Tie legs together. Place, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
2. Melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan; stir in salt and pepper; brush part over chickens.
3. Roast in hot oven (400°), brushing once with more butter mixture, 45 minutes.
4. While chickens cook, stir lemon marmalade into remaining butter mixture; heat slowly, stirring constantly, until marmalade melts. Brush half over chickens.
5. Roast 15 minutes; brush with remaining marmalade mixture. Roast 15 minutes longer, or until chickens are tender and richly glazed.
6. Place on a large serving platter; cut away strings. Overlap fried apple slices around edge of platter. Carve chickens into serving-size pieces.