Cinnamon Chicken With Pineapple Glaze
|Whole chicken breasts||6|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grapefruit juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||1 Can (10 oz)|
1. Place chicken breasts in a large frying pan or kettle. Blend cinnamon, curry powder, garlic salt and honey in a 2-cup measure; stir in grapefruit juice; pour over chicken; cover.
2. Simmer, stirring liquid in bottom of pan often so honey won't scorch, 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
3. Remove from liquid, letting any excess drip back into pan; slip off skin, if you wish. Place chicken on broiler rack.
4. Stir pineapple and syrup into liquid in pan; brush over chicken.
5. Broil, 4 to 6 inches from heat, 5 minutes, or until lightly glazed.