Cinnamon Chicken with Pineapple glaze
|Whole chicken breasts||6|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grapefruit juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||1 Can (10 oz)|
1. Place chicken breasts in a large frying pan or kettle. Blend cinnamon, curry powder, garlic salt and honey in a 2-cup measure; stir in grapefruit juice; pour over chicken; cover.
2. Simmer, stirring liquid in bottom of pan often so honey won't scorch, 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
3. Remove from liquid, letting any excess drip back into pan; slip off skin, if you wish. Place chicken on broiler rack.
4. Stir pineapple and syrup into liquid in pan; brush over chicken.
5. Broil, 4 to 6 inches from heat, 5 minutes, or until lightly glazed.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1900 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 598.5 mg199.5%
Sodium 3015.5 mg125.6%
Total Carbohydrates 202 g67.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.8%
Sugars 180.6 g
Protein 244 g487.4%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 191.6%
Calcium 32.5% Iron 66.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet