Swiss Cheese Pie
|Piecrust mix||4 Ounce (Half 8 Ounce Package)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Processed gruyere cheese||12 Ounce, shredded|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare piecrust mix, following label directions, adding 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Roll out to a 12-inch round on a lightly floured pastry board; fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch; turn under; flute to make a stand-up edge. Prick well with fork.
2. Bake in hot oven (425°) 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden; cool.
3. Spoon remaining Cheddar cheese and Gruyere into piecrust. Slice tomatoes in half length wise and then into thin wedges. Arrange, slightly overlapping, in a circular pattern over the cheese. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
4. Saute green onions in butter or margarine until tender in a small skillet. Spoon in the center of pie; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
5. Bake in moderate oven (325°) 20 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender.