Swiss Cheese pie
|Piecrust mix||4 Ounce (Half 8 Ounce Package)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Processed gruyere cheese||12 Ounce, shredded|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare piecrust mix, following label directions, adding 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Roll out to a 12-inch round on a lightly floured pastry board; fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch; turn under; flute to make a stand-up edge. Prick well with fork.
2. Bake in hot oven (425°) 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden; cool.
3. Spoon remaining Cheddar cheese and Gruyere into piecrust. Slice tomatoes in half length wise and then into thin wedges. Arrange, slightly overlapping, in a circular pattern over the cheese. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
4. Saute green onions in butter or margarine until tender in a small skillet. Spoon in the center of pie; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
5. Bake in moderate oven (325°) 20 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2629 Calories from Fat 1524
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g266.3%
Saturated Fat 104.4 g522.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 559.7 mg186.6%
Sodium 4547.9 mg189.5%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.7%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 146 g292.9%
Vitamin A 261.8% Vitamin C 156.3%
Calcium 448.3% Iron 101.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet