Broiled Salmon And Spinach
|Spinach||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned pink salmon||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Trim stems and any coarse leaves from spinach. Wash leaves well; place in a large saucepan; cover. (There's no need to add any water.)
2. Cook 1 minute over low heat, or just until spinach wilts; drain well; chop.
3. Drain salmon; remove skin and bones; break into small pieces.
4. Melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan; stir in flour, salt and dillweed. Cook, stirring constantly, just until bubbly. Stir in milk; continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles 1 minute. Stir half of hot mixture into beaten egg in a small bowl; return to saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute, or until sauce thickens again. Stir in lemon juice.
5. Fold 1 cup of the hot sauce into salmon. Line 4 scallop shells or 4 individual foil baking dishes with chopped spinach. Spoon salmon mixture onto center of spinach. Spoon remaining hot sauce over salmon.
6. Broil, about 4 inches from heat, 3 minutes, or until tops are light brown and bubbly. Garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of parsley, if you wish.