Blanquette De Poulet
|Whole chicken breasts||2 Large|
|Medium mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into quarters|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken bouillon||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Remove skin and bones from chicken breasts. Cut breasts into bite-sized pieces.
2. In 3- to 4-quart casserole or bowl, toss chicken with 1 tablespoon salad oil; cover with casserole lid or large plate. Cook at high (100% power) 5 to 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes, until chicken loses its pink color and is tender. With slotted spoon, remove chicken to another bowl.
3. To liquid remaining in casserole, add 2 tablespoons salad oil, mushrooms, carrots, onion, salt, bouillon, and thyme. Cover and cook at high 6 to 8 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
4. In small bowl, stir water and flour until smooth. Gradually stir flour mixture into mixture in casserole. Cook at high 4 to 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until mixture thickens slightly and boils. Return chicken to casserole.
5. In cup, mix lemon juice and egg yolks; stir in small amount of hot liquid from casserole. Slowly pour mixture back into casserole, stirring to prevent lumping. Cook at medium low (30% power) 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture thickens slightly. Spoon mixture into deep platter; sprinkle with chopped parsley.