Pork Chops & Rice Casserole
|Pork chops||6 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into 6 slices|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Brown chops well on both sides in oil in a skillet; remove.
2. Brown onion slices on both sides in same pan; remove.
3. Stir in chili powder and cook 2 minutes; add green pepper, rice, tomato sauce, water and salt; heat to boiling.
4. Pour into a shallow 8-cup baking dish; arrange browned chops over rice and place an onion slice on each chop; cover dish.
5. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 1 hour, or until liquid is absorbed.