Pork Chops & Rice Casserole
|Pork chops||6 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into 6 slices|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Brown chops well on both sides in oil in a skillet; remove.
2. Brown onion slices on both sides in same pan; remove.
3. Stir in chili powder and cook 2 minutes; add green pepper, rice, tomato sauce, water and salt; heat to boiling.
4. Pour into a shallow 8-cup baking dish; arrange browned chops over rice and place an onion slice on each chop; cover dish.
5. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 1 hour, or until liquid is absorbed.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2506 Calories from Fat 975
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.8%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g133.9%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 469.1 mg156.4%
Sodium 4413.7 mg183.9%
Total Carbohydrates 212 g70.8%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.5%
Sugars 29.4 g
Protein 166 g332.9%
Vitamin A 95.5% Vitamin C 299.7%
Calcium 36.2% Iron 71.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet