Celery Chicken Pilaf
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 , cut up|
|Diced cooked ham||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Onions||3 Large, chopped|
|Uncooked shelled frozen shrimp||2 Pound (1 Package, Deveined)|
|Stewed tomatoes||3 Can (30 oz)|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaf||1 Large|
|Thinly sliced celery||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wash chicken pieces; pat dry.
2. Brown ham lightly in butter or margarine in a heavy roasting pan. Stir in garlic and onions; saute 5 minutes, or until soft. Add chicken and shrimps.
3. Combine the tomatoes, salt, red-pepper seasoning and bay leaf in a large bowl; pour over ham and chicken.
4. Heat to boiling; cover. Simmer 30 minutes. Stir in celery and rice, making sure all rice is covered with liquid.
5. Simmer 30 minutes longer, or until chicken and rice are tender; remove bay leaf. Stir in parsley.
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.8 mg43.3%
Sodium 471.9 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 28 g56.1%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet