Peanut Fried rice with Soy Broccoli
|Shrimp spice||1 Tablespoon (Packaged)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh broccoli||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped salted peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Combine chicken breasts, shrimp spice, instant onion, salt and water in a large saucepan; cover. Simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove from broth and cool until easy to handle. Strain broth into a 4-cup measure; add water if needed to make 2 1/4 cups. Pull skin from chicken and take meat from bones; cut in cubes.
2. Combine the 2 1/4 cups chicken broth and rice in a medium-size saucepan. Cook 25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
3. While rice cooks, trim broccoli; split any large stalks lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch lengths. Cook in boiling salted water in a saucepan 15 minutes; drain; keep warm.
4. Saute chopped onions in 4 tablespoons of the peanut oil or vegetable oil until soft in a large frying pan; stir in cooked rice. Saute, stirring constantly, 5 minutes; add chicken; toss lightly to mix. Arrange cooked broccoli around edge in pan.
5. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil, soy sauce, wine vinegar or cider vinegar and ginger in a cup; drizzle over broccoli. Sprinkle peanuts over rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2483 Calories from Fat 1015
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.3%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 222.3 mg74.1%
Sodium 5798.3 mg241.6%
Total Carbohydrates 244 g81.4%
Dietary Fiber 21.3 g85.1%
Sugars 30.8 g
Protein 119 g237.7%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 233.7%
Calcium 37.5% Iron 65.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet