Roast Chicken with Savory Sauce
|Chicken breasts/2 legs with thighs||2 Large|
|Savory sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash chicken pieces; pat dry; remove skin if you wish.
2. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in a well-buttered shallow baking pan.
3. Spoon Savory Sauce over so chicken pieces are well coated.
4. Bake, uncovered, in hot oven (400°) about 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
5. Remove one breast or leg with half the sauce, and cool; then refrigerate in a covered jar for reheating tomorrow (or perhaps the next day, but better not keep it longer than that).
6. Leave other breast or leg tightly covered in the oven (with the heat off) to be eaten within an hour or two, or refrigerate in a small covered baking dish for reheating the same night.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 216.3 mg72.1%
Sodium 772.2 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 68 g136.3%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet