Asian Chicken & Noodles Salad with Greens
|Fryer chicken||1 (Whole Chicken)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery tops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy dressing||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh broccoli||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Broken salad greens||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||2 , sliced|
|Radishes||5 Large, sliced|
|Fried noodle||3 Ounce (Chinese Noodles, 1 Can)|
|Hard cooked egg||1 (Shelled)|
1. Simmer chicken with water, celery tops, salt and peppercorns in kettle 1 hour, or until tender. Take chicken from broth and let drain in shallow pan just until cool enough to handle. (Strain broth and save for soup.)
2. Remove skin from chicken, then pull meat from frame in large pieces. (It comes off easily while still warm.) Cut into bite-size pieces; place in shallow pan; pour 1/4 cup Soy Dressing over. Cover; chill at least an hour to blend flavors.
3. Trim and discard outer leaves from broccoli. Cut off ends to make about 4-inch-long stalks; split large ones lengthwise. Cook, covered, in about 1-inch depth boiling salted water in large frying pan 15 minutes, or until crisply tender; drain well.
4. Place in shallow pan; pour 1/2 cup Soy Dressing over. Cover; chill at least an hour.
5. When ready to serve, pile salad greens, celery, green onions and radishes, saving about 8 slices for Step 7, into large shallow salad bowl. Pour remaining 3/4 cup Soy Dressing over; toss lightly to mix.
6. Arrange marinated broccoli with stems toward center in a ring on top; fill ring with marinated chicken. Spoon noodles around broccoli.
7. Press white of egg, then yolk through a sieve onto separate sheets of waxed paper. Spoon white on top of chicken; top with saved radish slices, overlapping slightly; garnish with sieved egg yolk.