Basil Baked Chicken in Cups
|Broiler fryer chicken||1|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Pimiento stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Large, halved, seeded and chopped|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Cut wings from chicken. Remove giblets and neck from chicken package and place (except liver) with wings, water, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan; cover. Simmer 45 minutes. Add liver; cover; cook 15 minutes longer. Strain broth into a small bowl; reserve for Step 4. Chop gib lets and the meat from wings and neck; reserve.
2. Cut chicken into serving-size pieces. Shake chicken, a few pieces at a time, in a plastic bag with flour to coat; tap off excess. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the flour
3. Saute chicken in butter or margarine and oil, turning once, about 15 minutes, or until golden brown, in a large skillet. Place chicken in a 10-cup baking dish. Add tomatoes and olives.
4. Add onion and green pepper to drippings in skillet; saute until tender. Stir in basil, the 1 tablespoon reserved flour, seasoned salt and paprika. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 cup of the reserved broth; cook and stir until sauce thickens and bubbles 1 minute. Stir in chopped chicken and giblets, and cheese. Pour over chicken and vegetables; cover.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 50 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4552 Calories from Fat 2841
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 316 g486.5%
Saturated Fat 93.6 g468.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1226 mg408.7%
Sodium 5097.1 mg212.4%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.7%
Sugars 28.3 g
Protein 311 g621.7%
Vitamin A 193.6% Vitamin C 405.2%
Calcium 78.7% Iron 113.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet