|Whole chicken breasts||4|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , halved, seeded and diced|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Instant chicken broth||2 Teaspoon (Or 2 Envelopes)|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. Pull skin from split chicken breasts; bone. Flatten each half by placing between 2 pieces of wax paper and pounding with the back of a heavy knife or mallet. Cut each half into 2 pieces (fillets).
2. Combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a plastic bag. Add chicken fillets; shake well to coat.
3. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet; saute chicken fillets until brown on both sides. Remove from skillet.
4. Saute onion and green pepper until almost tender in same skillet. Stir in the 1 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and curry powder. Add tomatoes, instant chicken broth and water; bring to boiling.
5. Lower heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Remove the cover and simmer 5 minutes longer, or until sauce thickens.
6. Return chicken fillets to sauce and cover. Simmer 15 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender.
7. Do-ahead note: Line a 10-cup shallow freezer-to-table baking dish with heavy foil. Arrange chicken in dish and spoon sauce over; wrap; label and freeze. When frozen, remove foil-wrapped food from dish; return to freezer.
8. Party day: Remove food from freezer and peel off foil. Place in same dish. Bake, covered, in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, or until bubbly-hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3208 Calories from Fat 554
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.1%
Saturated Fat 32.9 g164.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 520 mg173.3%
Sodium 3845.3 mg160.2%
Total Carbohydrates 447 g148.9%
Dietary Fiber 26.9 g107.6%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 204 g408.4%
Vitamin A 82.5% Vitamin C 293.7%
Calcium 46.7% Iron 208.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet