1. Preheat oven to 200º F.
2. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
3. In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment; beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar for about 5 minutes until medium peaks are reached.
4. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat for 2 minutes until stiff peaks formed.
5. Add coconut into the egg whites.
6. Into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2” tip, spoon the mixture.
7. Pipe rounds onto prepared pans 2” round and 1” high.
8. Bake for about 3 hours, until they feel hard and dry to the touch; ff they start browning too quickly, reduce oven temp.
9. Let them cool on a rack, and store in an airtight container.
Macaroons are like cookies, they are light and baked. This is a classic version made with shredded coconut. It’s simple to make and everyone from kids to grownups like them a lot. Macaroons can be made in many variations using nuts, almonds and many more ingredients.