Eclairs are pretty easy, you just need to master the use of the pastry bag. If you are like me the first few will be kind of sloppy, not all that wonderful looking, maybe even a little embarrassing... But they will taste great, and you will get better with practice!
Please watch the video for ingredients.
1. Preheat the oven to 500ºF
2. Cut parchment paper to fit sheet pan.
3. Hold down with 4 dollops of choux pastry.
4. Spoon pastry batter into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2” plain tip.
5. Pipe out onto parchment approx 4-1/2” long - 1-1/2” wide.
6. Brush with egg wash.
7. Place sheet pan in the oven and immediately turn down to 400ºF.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
9. When done they should feel feather light and be golden brown.
10. Let cool on the pan on a rack.
11. Don’t fill the eclairs until you are ready to serve.
12. You can coat with fondant or chocolate glaze.
If you are in a fix what to do with your extra choux pastry, here is a great idea. Prepare eclairs and fill those with cream. How does it sound? Follow the steps shown by the chef in this video and prepare your own.