Crumbed Chuck Steak
|Bone in chuck steak||1|
|Wine vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, cracked or coarse grind|
|Soft white bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1. Trim any excess fat from steak and score remaining fat edge every inch. (Reserve a few pieces of fat.) Place steak in a shallow dish.
2. Mix vinegar, oil, onion, mustard and pepper in a bowl; pour over steak. Marinate in refrigerator, turning once, at least 2 hours.
3. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry with paper toweling.
4. Rub broiler rack with a few fat trimmings to prevent sticking. Broil steak 4 inches from heat, 5 minutes; turn steak; broil 5 minutes longer, or until it is as done as you like it.
5. While steak broils, toss bread crumbs with melted butter or margarine in a small bowl.
6. Remove broiler pan from heat; top steak evenly with prepared crumbs. Return steak to broiler and broil 2 minutes longer, or until crumbs are golden. Remove to serving platter; slice and serve.