Beef Broth with Noodles
|Chuck beefsteak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2 -inch cubes|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Broiler-fryer||1 , quartered|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Uncooked medium noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Brown beef in its own fat in a kettle or Dutch oven; stir in onion and saute lightly.
2. Add chicken, celery, salt, seasoned salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and water to kettle; heat to boiling; cover. Simmer 1 hour, or until chicken is tender; remove from kettle. Continue cooking beef 20 minutes, or until tender; remove bay leaf.
3. While beef finishes cooking, pull skin from chicken and take meat from bones; cut meat into cubes. Return to kettle; heat to boiling.
4. Stir in noodles. Cook 10 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
5. Ladle into soup plates. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with your favorite crisp crackers, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5740 Calories from Fat 3089
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 345 g530.4%
Saturated Fat 109.6 g547.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1763.1 mg587.7%
Sodium 7799.8 mg325%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g65%
Dietary Fiber 15.7 g62.6%
Sugars 19.7 g
Protein 423 g846.8%
Vitamin A 60.8% Vitamin C 93%
Calcium 39.2% Iron 142.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet