Beef Broth With Noodles
|Chuck beefsteak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2 -inch cubes|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Broiler-fryer||1 , quartered|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Uncooked medium noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Brown beef in its own fat in a kettle or Dutch oven; stir in onion and saute lightly.
2. Add chicken, celery, salt, seasoned salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and water to kettle; heat to boiling; cover. Simmer 1 hour, or until chicken is tender; remove from kettle. Continue cooking beef 20 minutes, or until tender; remove bay leaf.
3. While beef finishes cooking, pull skin from chicken and take meat from bones; cut meat into cubes. Return to kettle; heat to boiling.
4. Stir in noodles. Cook 10 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
5. Ladle into soup plates. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with your favorite crisp crackers, if you wish.