1 Cup (16 tbs) (From Cooked Meat Plus Water Or Stock)
1. Pour all liquid from pan into measuring cup; skim off fat; return to pan measured amount of fat needed; save liquid.
2. Blend flour and fat in pan.
3. Place pan over low heat; stir, scraping bottom of pan to loosen meat pieces, until fat-flour mixture is richly browned.
4. Remove from heat; stir in liquid.
5. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens and boils 1 minute.
6. Season to taste; color with bottled gravy coloring, if you wish; strain.