Chicken Chow Mein Casserole
|Chicken breast fillets||1 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Instant chicken broth||1 Teaspoon (Equivalent To 1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushroom chow mein||5 Ounce (1 Divider Pack)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned chow mein noodles||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Cut the chicken meat into strips 1/4 inch wide.
2. Heat oil in a medium-size skillet 30 seconds. Add chicken. Stir-fry quickly until chicken turns white, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in soy sauce, chicken broth, water and can of sauce from chow mein.
4. Drain and rinse can of vegetables; stir into chicken mixture; heat to bubbly-hot.
5. Layer half the cooked rice in buttered 8-cup casserole; add half the hot chicken mixture; repeat layering; sprinkle top with noodles.
6. Bake, uncovered, in hot oven (400°) for 15 minutes, or until bubbly-hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2482 Calories from Fat 989
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177.5%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3605.5 mg150.2%
Total Carbohydrates 237 g79.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 129 g258.1%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.8% Iron 93.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet