Canadian Bacon & Chicken with Gravy
|Whole chicken breasts||3 Large, split|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Chicken gravy||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper seasoning||3 Drop|
|Bacon slices||12 (Canadian Style)|
1. Remove skin from chicken and cut away meat from bones in one piece. (Use a sharp thin-bladed knife, cutting close to bones, and meat will pull away easily; simmer bones in water for a broth for another day, if you wish.)
2. Place chicken, rounded side down, on greased broiler rack; brush with half the melted butter or margarine; broil about 10 minutes; turn; brush again with remaining butter or margarine; broil 10 to 12 minutes longer, or until golden-brown and tender when pierced with a fork.
3. While chicken cooks, combine chicken gravy, cream, lemon juice and red-pepper seasoning in small saucepan; heat, stirring often, just to boiling.
4. Arrange bacon slices in single layer in shallow pan; 2 to 3 minutes before chicken is done, slide pan into hot oven (from broiling chicken) to cook bacon and crisp any fat edges.
5. Put 2 slices bacon on each dinner plate; top with half a chicken breast; spoon about 1/4 cup heated sauce over.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1643 Calories from Fat 908
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.3%
Saturated Fat 45.6 g228.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 507.5 mg169.2%
Sodium 747.3 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.09%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 149 g298.3%
Vitamin A 42.5% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet