Stewed Chicken with tomatoes
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Hot pepper sauce||To Taste|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, seasoned|
|Pepper||1 Dash, seasoned|
1. Dust drumsticks with the seasoned flour.
2. Melt butter or margarine in large heavy frying pan with tight-fitting cover; brown chicken over medium heat on all sides; drain on absorbent paper.
3. Combine all remaining ingredients in same pan.
4. Bring to boil; reduce heat; return chicken to pan; cover.
5. Simmer chicken 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender.