English Cheese Sauce
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Melt butter or margarine in small saucepan; remove from heat
2. Blend in flour, salt and pepper; stir in milk and chicken stock.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and boils 1 minute.
4. Add cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts; remove from heat.
5. Stir in parsley; serve hot.