Glazed Lemony Chicken Wings
|Small chicken wings||3 Pound|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Singe chicken wings, if needed. Cut off tips and discard. Divide each wing in half by cutting through joint with a sharp knife. Place in a single layer on broiler pan rack.
2. Bake in hot oven (400°), turning once, 30 minutes.
3. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, ginger and pepper in a small saucepan; stir in water, lemon juice and soy sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils 3 minutes. Brush part over chicken wings.
4. Continue baking, turning and brushing several times with remaining lemon mixture, 40 minutes, or until richly glazed.
5. When ready to serve, place in a chafing dish or keep-hot server. Frame with a ring of thin lemon slices, if you wish.