Stewed Chicken with Dumplings
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, sliced|
|Chopped celery tops||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sweet potato||1 Large, pared and sliced 1/2 inch thick|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From A 1 1/2 -Pound Bag)|
1. Cook chicken with onions, celery tops, salt and pepper in 1 cup water 30 minutes, or until tender.
2. Blend flour into 1/2 cup water; stir into broth; cook, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens and boils 1 minute.
3. Add potato and peas; heat to boiling, then simmer 10 minutes while making Lemon Dumplings.
4. Drop batter in 4 mounds on top of hot chicken and vegetables; cover tightly. Cook 20 minutes, or until dumplings are fluffy-light.
5. Lift off dumplings; spoon chicken, vegetables and gravy into serving dishes; top with dumplings. Garnish with grated lemon rind, if you wish.