Chicken and vegetable Casserole
|Broiler fryer chicken||1 , quartered|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Small new potatoes||1 Pound, pared|
|Snipped chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery pieces||2 Cup (32 tbs), diagonally cut|
|Asparagus||1 Pound, break off ends of stems where they snap easily|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon tarragon. Heat butter or margarine in large skillet; add chicken, skin side down, and brown slowly; turn, and brown other side. Transfer the chicken to a shallow 3- or 4-quart casserole.
2. Add potatoes to the butter in skillet; cook slowly over low heat for about 5 minutes and add to casserole. Sprinkle chicken and potatoes with chives, parsley and drippings from skillet. Cover tightly with casserole lid or aluminum foil.
3. Bake in 375° oven 30 minutes. Remove from oven and remove cover.
4. Add celery pieces and asparagus. Sprinkle vegetables with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon tarragon; spoon juices in casserole over asparagus and celery. Drizzle with lemon juice.
5. Cover tightly and bake 30 minutes longer, or until chicken and vegetables are tender; baste occasionally with the juices in the casserole.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3740 Calories from Fat 2267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 252 g387.7%
Saturated Fat 80.5 g402.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1189.4 mg396.5%
Sodium 4976.5 mg207.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.8%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 296 g592.4%
Vitamin A 228.1% Vitamin C 239.1%
Calcium 55% Iron 158.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet