Grilled Eggplant With Bulgur
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bulgur wheat||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat water with butter or margarine and 2 teaspoons of the salt to boiling in a large heavy saucepan; slowly stir in wheat. Cook, stirring several times, 5 minutes, or until liquid is almost absorbed; cover.
2. Continue cooking very slowly, stirring several times with a fork, 45 minutes, or until wheat is very light and fluffy.
3. While wheat cooks, slice eggplants 1 inch thick; pare and cut into 1-inch cubes.
4. In a large frying pan saute onion in vegetable oil until soft; stir in eggplant and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; cover. Cook slowly, stirring often, 30 minutes.
5. Add cooked wheat; toss lightly with two forks to mix well and to fluff up the wheat.