Grilled eggplant with Bulgur
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bulgur wheat||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat water with butter or margarine and 2 teaspoons of the salt to boiling in a large heavy saucepan; slowly stir in wheat. Cook, stirring several times, 5 minutes, or until liquid is almost absorbed; cover.
2. Continue cooking very slowly, stirring several times with a fork, 45 minutes, or until wheat is very light and fluffy.
3. While wheat cooks, slice eggplants 1 inch thick; pare and cut into 1-inch cubes.
4. In a large frying pan saute onion in vegetable oil until soft; stir in eggplant and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; cover. Cook slowly, stirring often, 30 minutes.
5. Add cooked wheat; toss lightly with two forks to mix well and to fluff up the wheat.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1973 Calories from Fat 1315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g229.8%
Saturated Fat 65.6 g327.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.9 mg80.6%
Sodium 5871.9 mg244.7%
Total Carbohydrates 155 g51.8%
Dietary Fiber 49.9 g199.4%
Sugars 30.2 g
Protein 25 g50.8%
Vitamin A 60.3% Vitamin C 64.2%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet