Chicken Asparagus Salad
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen asparagus spears||20 Ounce (Two 10 Ounce Package)|
|Salad dressing mix||4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Boston lettuce head||1 , separated into leaves|
|Canned mushrooms||8 Ounce, drained (Two 4 Ounce Cans)|
|Salad dressing/Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hard cooked egg yolks||2|
1. Combine chicken, onion, salt, pepper and 2 cups water in a large frying pan; cover. Simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove from broth; cool until easy to handle, then pull off skin. Remove meat from each half of breast in one large piece; set aside. (Strain broth and chill for soup another day.)
2. While chicken cooks, cook asparagus, following label directions; drain; place in a shallow dish.
3. Prepare salad dressing mix with vegetable oil, vinegar and water, following label directions; drizzle 1/2 cup over asparagus; let stand 30 minutes to season.
4. Line a large shallow serving dish with lettuce; arrange asparagus spears over lettuce, then place chicken breasts, overlapping, in a row on top of asparagus. Pile mushrooms at each end.
5. Blend mayonnaise or salad dressing into remaining dressing in asparagus dish; drizzle over chicken. Press egg yolks through a sieve on top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1874 Calories from Fat 1055
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g182.1%
Saturated Fat 22.2 g111.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 419.7 mg139.9%
Sodium 4286.7 mg178.6%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.2%
Sugars 38.2 g
Protein 133 g265.5%
Vitamin A 164.4% Vitamin C 53.3%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 67.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet