Chicken Giblet Gravy
|Water||26 Tablespoon (1 1/2 Cups Plus 2 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine giblets back, neck, 1 1/2 cups water and onion in pan; cover.
2. Simmer 1 hour. Add liver last 20 minutes.
3. Remove giblets and chicken pieces (reserve broth); cool; dice; save for Step 5.
4. Strain broth, adding water if needed to make 1 cup. Remove broth to saucepan; stir in flour blended with 2 tablespoons water.
5. Cook over low heat, until gravy boils 1 minute; stir in milk and chopped giblets and chicken; season with salt and pepper.