Chinese Soy Chicken
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), minced|
|Chicken bouillon cubes/2 envelopes instant chicken broth||2|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Crystallized ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Frozen chinese pea pods||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From A 5 Ounce Can)|
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Pull skin from chicken breasts; halve the breasts and cut meat in one piece from bones, then slice meat into long thin strips.
2. Heat salad oil in a large frying pan; add chicken and saute, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Stir in celery and garlic; saute 3 minutes more, or until meat is almost tender.
3. Stir in chicken broth or bouillon cubes, water, soy sauce and ginger; heat to boiling, crushing cubes, if using, with a spoon; add pea pods; cover. Simmer 5 minutes.
4. Smooth cornstarch with a little water to a paste in a cup; stir into chicken mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils 3 minutes.
5. Spoon into a serving dish; sprinkle with almonds.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2090 Calories from Fat 596
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.5%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 199.5 mg66.5%
Sodium 3292 mg137.2%
Total Carbohydrates 253 g84.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.3%
Sugars 28.1 g
Protein 113 g226.4%
Vitamin A 105.6% Vitamin C 93.5%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 108.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet